flexiWAN Release 1.2.2¶
Release 1.2.2 includes:
- flexiManage release 1.1.25
- flexiEdge release 1.1.52
flexiWAN is the world’s first open source SD-WAN with a modular and open architecture.
This version focuses mainly on a robust centrally managed network infrastructure with multi-WAN and multi-LAN support. These capabilities will be further enhanced with policy based routing and more functions in the coming weeks and months. Our next releases will further bring to realization flexiWAN’s vision of an open and modular SD-WAN architecture where networking capabilities are added as applications that run in the router and the management. These additional layers are in different stages of development.
There are three commercial options for using flexiWAN, each relevant for companies with a different set of requirements. All of these options come support services.
- SaaS model in a shared environment - flexiManage hosted by flexiWAN - In this option flexiWAN is hosting the multi tenant flexiManage system making it the most cost effective and worry free option for the user as flexiWAN takes care of the installation, upgrade, maintenance and availability of flexiManage. Users selecting this option can open a free account and use flexiWAN for free up to a defined number of SW instances; growing the deployment beyond this free tier requires payment by credit card with no long term commitment. In this case, the servers are shared and used by all users that are using this option while networks and accounts are separated.
- Dedicated environment - a dedicated deployment for you - In this case, flexiWAN will create a dedicated installation of flexiManage in the flexiWAN AWS account specifically for you. This dedicated installation includes multiple and replicated databases as well as all other relevant servers and services for a complete dedicated flexiManage deployment. We will take care of installing and upgrading the servers and you will get an isolated installation to which you can map your domain making it your SD-WAN branded offering. This is typically ideal for cases in which an isolated environment is required. Similar to the shared environment, there is no need to commit for a long term but there is an affordable minimum monthly fee.
- Commercial license - self-hosting of flexiManage - In this option, the user is responsible for installation, upgrade, maintenance and availability of flexiManage. This option is recommended for technical teams with DevOps experts that manage a large scale deployments. A one year commitment is required.
More on the pricing of these options here.
Please contact us for further questions.
New on this release:¶
- Multiple LAN and WAN interfaces
- A more powerful way to assign and create tunnels with path labels
- Improved Northbound REST APIs
This flexiWAN release supports the following features:
- Debian based installation
- Zero-Touch Provisioning
- Multi-Tenant Accounts and Users
- Organization based inventory
- IPSec over VxLAN tunnels
- Tunnel quality metrics
- Internet Breakout
- Static routes configuration
- Dynamic flexiEdge configuration changes
- Improved flexiEdge monitoring
- flexiEdge error detection and notifications
- Credit card based billing
- Scheduled auto software upgrade of flexiEdge
- Northbound API access keys
- Improved system robustness and quality
More details can be found in the Feature Overview page
Coming up in next releases¶
We are already working on our next release. Here is a partial list of features we plan on adding in our next releases.
- Policy based link selection
- Application identification
- Advanced QoS
- More NAT Traversal options
- flexiManage & flexiEdge infrastructure enhancements
- 3rd party application framework (today we need to hold your hand for app integration)
Please send us your feature needs and prioritization.
|Notification page buttons are not rendered properly on Firefox||The icon for the notification read/unread button is shifted to the bottom right in Firefox|
|Wrong error code when flexiEdge registers with an invalid token||When flexiEdge registers with an invalid token, flexiManage returns with “HTTP/1.1 402 Payment Required” instead of “HTTP/1.1 401 Invalid Token”|
|Tunnels can not be created if flexiEdge did not connect at all to flexiManage||Since the router version is learned on connection, connecting tunnels for devices that have not been previously connected with flexiManage may result in version incompatibility|
|UI hangs on Redis failure||When redis fails, UI might hang and not complete the request|
|During login, the username email is case sensitive||The email used in account creation and login is case sensitive|
|fwagent auto-completion doesn’t work in the installation shell||When installing flexiwan-router the auto complete only works if running a new shell|
|The username displayed at the top right of flexiManage does not automatically update if another user logs in from another browser tab||When a new user logs in from another browser tab, the name in the previous tab still shows the old user but operations performed in this tab are in behalf of the newly logged user. To avoid confusion, close the old tab.|
|vmxnet3, virtio adaptors are supported but fwsystem_checker warns that it is not supported||Running fwsystem_checker reports vmxnet3, virtio as not supported adaptors. This check can be ignored.|