Every flexiEdge device can be centrally managed and configured from flexiManage. Below are the required steps to sucessfully register, approve and configure flexiEdge device.
To register a device, first create your organization token. The organization token needs to be generated only once and is used for all the devices in a single organization. In the flexiManage, go to inventory -> tokens and click on “New Token”.
Provide a name and click “Add”. A new token will be created and presented in the Tokens page.
Copy or download the token and save it on your device in a file:
After few seconds, the device will appear in the inventory -> devices page as a new device:
Click on the “Unknown” device name to open the device page. Fill in the device name and description, then approve it.
Click on “Update Device” to apply the configuration.
Check the interface configuration on the Interfaces tab. In most systems, the interface configuration will auto configure your interface. Fields can be modified directly by clicking and modifying them.
- Make sure the WAN interface is assigned correctly.
- WAN routing uses static configuration, select None for your WAN routing.
- If your router is behind a NAT, the public IP will show the outbound IP.
- Delete the public IP if the devices are connected without going publicly. This is also useful for testing environments.
- Optionally assign Path Label for greater traffic control, refer to Path Labels page for more information.
Make sure your LAN interface is assigned correctly. If there is more than one LAN interface, assign the appropriate interface as your LAN. The LAN routing is selected automatically as OSPF.
Click on “Update Interfaces” to save your configuration.
- Changes to the device configuration can be applied dynamically even when the device is running
- Changes schedule a configuration job to the devices. The change succeed if the jobs completed successfully
- Changes in the interface assignments will result in router restart
- Changes in the WAN interface will result in tunnel restart. Tunnel restart provision the two flexiEdge devices that form the tunnel
The device will be approved and after several seconds, it will be connected.
Starting/Stopping the device router¶
The device is connected to the management but the router is not running yet. To start a device click on the “Start Device” button.
After a few seconds the device will start and show that the router is running. During the start or stop process, the device may disconnect from the management in case the vRotuer takes control of the WAN interface.
Follow the same steps to create multiple devices in your network:
To stop the router click on the “Stop Device” button.
To delete a device click on the “Delete Device” button. Make sure to delete all Tunnels connected to that device before attempting to delete it.
Every device change or configuration will schedule a job to apply the changes. This is done for scalability purposes and so the UI will not halt. The job is queued in the system and executed when the device is connected and ready. The operation succeeds only if the job is completed successfully. Jobs can be viewed in the Troubleshooting -> Jobs menu. An error during an operation is reported as a failed job. If the job fails, the system rolls the job back and returns to the previous state.