The following hardware configuration is recommended for a sucessful flexiEdge deployment and operation:
- Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. Download the latest Ubuntu from here. If using igb interfaces, make sure to Ubuntu 18.04.3 instead. Download from Ubuntu 18.04.3 here
- Two CPU cores minimum. 64-bit required, Intel or AMD x86-64 CPU
- 4GB RAM minimum, 8GB recommended
- 16GB disk size minimum
- Two network interfaces are required for flexiWAN. Network adapters must be supported by DPDK and PCIe based
- Check the complete list of supported DPDK adapters here
- WAN interface must have internet access. Public IP preferred however flexiWAN can work behind NAT as well
- 1:1 NAT or port forwarded VxLAN port 4789 supported
- IP reachability between router WAN IP’s
- Ubuntu specific settings:
- Set system clock to UTC
- disable transparent hubpages
- disable Ubuntu automatic upgrades
- NOTE: All of the above settings can automatically fixed by using system checker tool.
- VMware products fully supported, use vmxnet3 network interfaces
- KVM and VirtualBox supported
- virtio-net interfaces supported
- PCI passtrough supported
Hardware and software configuration is checked after installation with fwsystem_checker utility, to verify and fix potential software configuration issues.
Some of the requirements may be relaxed in the future releases.