Quick start guide¶
Installing flexiWAN is easy and straightforward. This quick start guide covers the required steps for getting flexiWAN up and running!
Deploy flexiWAN by following the next steps:
- Make sure your hardware matches our system requirements. Make sure to have DPDK supported network cards and download Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS installation. flexiWAN is also available pre-installed from our hardware partner devices. Please contact us if you need help purchasing a preinstalled HW device.
- Install Ubuntu 18.04.5, check our guide here. flexiWAN installs as an Ubuntu application Debian package. Once the router is running it takes ownership on the networking interfaces and is controlled from flexiManage. Ubuntu installation is straightforward, just make sure to have at least a single interface with internet connectivity assigned and detected within the Ubuntu setup. Rest of the interfaces can be configured comfortably from flexiManage.
- Install flexiWAN in two simple steps: 1) add flexiWAN repository and; 2) install flexiWAN router. Simply follow the installation instructions or review our comprehensive installation guide. Make sure to run System Checker right after installing flexiWAN, also explained on the previous link. Once flexiWAN software is installed, your device is considered a flexiEdge device and you are ready to manage and configure it from our central management system, flexiManage.
- Create an account with flexiManage, our centralized management and control of flexiEdge devices. To register, go ahead and open a free account and set up your organization.
- We’re nearly there! The steps described here involve creating a token for your organization and register your newly installed flexiEdge device with flexiManage. Once registration is completed, your flexiEdge device will show up in your account on flexiManage. No caveats, just follow our device management guide and screenshots.
After successfully adding your flexiEdge device, we recommend you add at least one more device so you can start connecting your devices via tunnels. Tunnels can be created in just a few clicks, as detailed on the tunnels management guide.